Let’s remember our colleagues, those who have made important contributions to the University of Toronto community. The UTFA Librarians Committee is encouraging colleagues to submit nominations for the OCUFA Academic Librarianship Award. This award recognizes the contributions of outstanding academic librarians in a variety of areas, including:
1. development of service in academic programs and research
2. effective delivery of service in support of academic programs and research
3. provision of educational materials to ensure effective use of library resources and services
4. development of a supportive environment for research and educational abilities
5. provision of services and resources to create a positive experience of the library’s academic mission
6. collection development and management
7. organization of access to the collection
8. contributions to the professional development of colleagues
9. research on academic librarianship
10. contributions to academic planning and policy making
11. publications and conference presentations
More information regarding the OCUFA Academic Librarianship Award, including the required documentation that must be submitted to OCUFA and guidelines for submitting nomination packages is available at http://ocufa.on.ca/ocufa-awards/teaching-and-academic-librarianship-awards/ .
To nominate a colleague, please see the OCUFA web site at http://ocufa.on.ca/ocufa-awards/teaching-and-academic-librarianship-awards/ for instructions.
The deadline for submissions is May 21, 2012.
If you are nominating a colleague, please let the UTFA Librarians Committee know – email firstname.lastname@example.org . We have spoken with Pamela Gravestock, Associate Director at the CTSI who is very supportive of this initiative and willing to work with a small group to begin to assemble the documentation. It is time folks to show our appreciation!